Exceptional Student Education (ESE) Endorsements Tuition Support Program provides financial assistance to exceptional student education teachers who are teaching children with PreK disabilities, autism spectrum disorders (ASD), or severe/profound disabilities in a Florida public school. Program recipients must agree to teach children with the identified disabilities in a Florida public school for a minimum of one year for every six hours of tuition support received and add the appropriate endorsement to their professional certificate.
In order to be accepted in this program, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- have any Florida Educator Certificate in Exceptional Student Education for the ASD and S/P Endorsements,
- have any Florida Educator Certificate in Exceptional Student Education area, Preschool Education, Primary Education, Prekindergarten/Primary Education, Elementary Education (K-6), or Early Childhood Education for the PreK Disabilities Endorsement,
- currently be employed in a Florida public school
- teach students identified as ASD, Severe/Profound, or PreK/ESE.
- be prepared to apply for admission, pay applicable fees, and enroll in a college or university (Note: Be advised that there is no guarantee that applicants will be accepted for tuition support. Applicants will need to follow the admission policy and course registration procedures for that institution.)
For additional information on who is required to have these ESE endorsements, click on one of the following links below to view the specific memorandum or go to the Personnel Development website.